Guys, it’s time to celebrate! I have finally done it! The lasagna to rule all lasagnas.
That’s right, it’s a dessert lasagna. It’s a magical chocolatey treat, that Evelina truly does enjoy. Time to officially check off number 15 on my 25 before 25 list (moved over to my 30 before 30 list). Seriously guys, I’m so stoked to tell you about this lasagna.
While this may not be quite as nutritional as the latest recipes I’ve posted, this lasagna is truly good for the soul.
- 36 regular Oreo cookies
- 10 tbs butter, melted
- 1 100g package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbs cold milk
- 5 dl whipping cream
- 4 portions chocolate pudding (for 4 people)
- 5 dl cold milk
- chocolate pieces to decorate
I originally saw this recipe on a friend’s Facebook, but when I went back to try to find it, it was long gone. So I just Google searched a recipe, but ended up changing it considerably. This is what I did.
- Using a dull knife cut the Oreo cookies in half, then slide the cream off. Place the Oreo cookies in a closable plastic bag, saving the cream centers for later.
- Crush the cookies with a rollingpin. You can also use a food processor, but seeing as we don’t have one I opted for the rollingpin method. You’re looking for fine crumbs.
- In a 9×13 in pan empty in the Oreo crumbs and combine with melted butter. Using a fork, mix the Oreo crumbs and butter evenly. With the fork push the Oreo and butter mixture firmly and evenly across the bottom of the pan. Place pan in refrigerator while preparing the next layer.
- In a large bowl whip 5 dl whipping cream.
- In a medium bowl use a hand mixer to mix the cream cheese and 2 tbs milk until fluffy. Then add the sugar and 1 & 1/4 cups whipped cream. Mix well. Spread this layer over the Oreo crust. Return to refrigerator between layers.
- In a medium bowl prepare chocolate pudding according to package instructions, I used 5 dl cold milk whisked into the chocolate pudding mix. Place the pudding in the refrigerator for 1-2 minutes. Or leave at room temperature for up to 5 minutes.
- Spread the slightly chilled chocolate pudding over the cream cheese mixture. Carefully place the Oreo cream centers on top of the chocolate pudding layer and return to refrigerator for -10 minutes to allow pudding to solidify.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream as the top layer, and decorate with chocolate pieces.
- Best served after being chilled for an additional 30-45 minutes.
This dessert comes highly recommended, let me know if you try it out!