At the end of each year I like to take a moment to reflect on a year gone. Okay, no, that was a bold faced lie, sounded good though, right?
This year at least I would like to take a look at last year’s New Year’s resolutions which read as follows:
- Paint a painting.
- Find a lasagna recipe Evelina enjoys as much as I do.
- Make homemade macaroni and cheese.
- Bake a rulltårta.
- Watch more movies.
It seems the only resolution I have successfully been able to follow is number five. To be fair I have also completed 3 & 4, but really just in the past few days as a last ditch attempt to be successful with my resolutions. Yes, I deem 3/5 successful. Passing grade people!
In regards to the first two. I’m pretty okay with their lack of completion, as they are both well on their way. For my birthday Evelina got me two canvases and some paints. I have already planned out what I am going to paint and how I’m going to paint it. Half way there. As for number 2…Evelina has exasperatingly explained that she does not like lasagna. She will not like lasagna. As she does not like cheese, which is a main ingredient in lasagna. Little does she know I plan on adding these two uncompleted resolutions to my new resolution list (coming 2014) and I have a little something up my sleeve. Cue evil laugh.
I don’t want to dwell on the things I haven’t accomplished, but rather take a look at the things I have.
- Well on my way on learning Swedish
- Read Wuthering Heights
- Went to Mexico
- Read a book a month (despite some delays in posting about it – coming soon)
- Own the complete 10 seasons of Friends
And those are just the things off of my 25 before 25 list. I’ve even:
- Planned a Lucia celebration
- Celebrated my Dad’s birthday with him
- Attended my brother’s high school graduation
- Listened to my calendar when it told me to eat chocolate for breakfast
- Learned even more about Sweden
I’d say this has been a successful year.