Eggton, the awesome blog which I dedicatedly
stalk follow, is wittily named after Eggton’s own invention: The Eggton.
I know you just can’t wait to find out what this concoction will be! The wait is over my friends, the secret is revealed!
The Eggton is the genius combination of croutons and scrambled eggs. The harmony between which create an absolutely scrumptious breakfast experience. Let’s get cracking! (I couldn’t resist).
Original recipe found here.
- a small pat of butter
- a small handful of croutons
- 2-3 eggs
- a little of your favorite cheese (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium to low heat.
- Toss in the croutons.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet. Cook for a minute before breaking the yolks. Break the yolks with your spatula and toss the eggs with the croutons, coating evenly.
- Add some cheese if you like.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until desired doneness.
I went with croutons seasoned with garlic and parsley, and Eggton agrees that croutons with garlic are a good way to go. Just writing this post has me looking forward to Sunday morning breakfast!