You’ve heard about Pintrest right? It’s a virtual pin board. So you can clear all the walls of your office today! Okay, maybe it’s not truly for the work place. But it is for the fun place!
By signing up with your e-mail address or through the facepage (y’all know what I mean right) users can create pin boards online to remember things, group things together, party plan, et cetera, et cetera. What I’m getting at is I have a Pintrest, and I like to pin DIY stuff. Not that I usually have the time to do anything myself besides eat, work, train and sleep. BUT! This summer I’ve done two fun things that I’d like to tell you about.
First, Corona beer bottle glasses. I dunno if you guys have seen this around the interwebs but man is it cool! You take beet bottles, set them on fire, and turn them into drinking glasses.
Okay that’s the simplified version. What I found on Pintrest had instructions like this:
- Acquire an empty Corona beer bottle and some yarn.
- Tie the yarn around the Corona bottle just above the label. Then remove the yarn.
- Acquire nail poilish remover.
- Place the yarn in nail polish remover.
- Acquire cold water. Tip: put the water in the freezer first, then add ice.
- Light the nail polish remover soaked yarn on fire. Allow it to burn evenly by rotating it.
- When the nail polish remover doesn’t work at all, go to the store and buy lighter fluid. Repeat steps 4 & 6 with lighter fluid instead.
- Once the fire has completely burned out pour the ice water over the yarn.
- Using sand paper, file down the edges of the newly made Carona glass.
Second, workout tank. I don’t know about you but I have amassed a large quantity of t-shirts over the years. You know free t-shirts are all the rage. Since many of them were free more than a few are a little too large. If you too have too large t-shirts you can easily (and this is actually easy) clip them into workout tanks.
- Acquire many many t-shirts. Or just one.
- Cut around the neck, down the sleeves and across the bottom. Be sure to save the bottom as it will be used later.
- Flip the shirt and cut down the back as far down as the sleeves have been cut.
- Cut the bottom so it turns into a strip. Wind the strip around the elongated pieces on the back.
- Cut the bottom at an angle.
- Try it on! So you can make any and all adjustments for the perfect fit.
That’s it for me! Now get out there and Do It Yourself!